A friend emailed me to say that I seemed to be living several different lives. For example, there is Coach Don Meyer, who is the winningest college basket ball coach. In 37 years, he has won 910 games, compared to Bobby Knight, who has won 902 games in 41 years. Coach Meyer coaches for the Northern State University, Aberdeen South Dakota Wolves.
My friend went on to say “Didn't know you even knew how to play basketball.” Well, I know how, but it’s been a long time.
Then said friend emailed me the following day to point out that Don Meyer is manager of the Mid-Continent Railway Museum blog. The Mid-Continent Railway Museum is located in North Freedom, Wisconsin. The museum grounds at Mid-Continent are intended to provide a turn-of-the-century atmosphere.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PRESENT WHEN...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. You don’t stay in touch with friends and family because they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every tv commercial has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone,(God forbid!) which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
9. You get up in the morning and go on-line before getting your coffee.
10. You consider waking up in the morning "rebooting", blink your eyes "refreshing your screen".
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :-)