Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HEALTH REPORT

Yesterday I had my semi-annual visit to the V.A. The nurse wanted to weigh me, and since I cannot stand up on my own, Cliff came in with me and got me on the scale. Yikes! I’m down to 122 fully dressed. That’s about 15 pounds below my regular weight. Fortunately my appetite has returned.

Also received my annual flu shot. This was the regular seasonal one, not the H1N1 which I will get in about a month.

Saw my physical therapist this morning, and he says he can see some (a little) improvement in my strength. I also can tell some improvement -- a little.

Fun:

* I just got back from a pleasure trip. I took my mother-in-law to the airport.

* I've been in love with the same woman for 49 years. If my wife ever finds out, she'll kill me!

* Someone stole all my credit cards, but I won't be reporting it. The thief spends less than my wife did.

* We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.

* My wife was at the beauty shop for two hours. That was only for the estimate. She got a mudpack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.

* The doctor gave a man six months to live. The man couldn't pay his bill, so the doctor gave him another six months.

* The Doctor called Mrs. Cohen saying, "Mrs. Cohen, your check came back." Mrs. Cohen answered, "So did my arthritis!"

* Doctor: "You'll live to be 60!" Patient: "I AM 60!" Doctor: "See! What did I tell you?"

* Patient: "I have a ringing in my ears." Doctor: "Don't answer!"

* A drunk was in front of a judge. The judge says, "You've been brought here for drinking." The drunk says, "Okay, let's get started."

2 comments:

  1. My parents got their regular flu shot but aren't bothering with the H1N1. Did I mention I think I had the Mexican Piggy Flu over the summer? It was definitely fluey but mild.

    Next nosey health question: Have you had that shingles vaccine? My father didn't have to pay but because of my mom's other expenses hers cost a bit, but it's worth getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I already had swine flu, but I'm going to get that shot next month just the same.

    You looked stronger to me on Saturday than the previous time; keep up the good work and the exercises!

    ReplyDelete