Friday, September 4, 2009

OUT FOR A RIDE

...and other topics.

It's been quite hot around here -- upper 80's and lower 90's -- but today it cooled down into the mid 70's, with a bit of a breeze, so I went out for a scooter ride. Just up the block I discovered a whole group of fairly new homes tucked away in a little cul-de-sac, and one day I'll go back and take some pictures.

On the health front, I've been keeping up with my exercises, and last Wednesday, the therapist added four more. Okay, I can do that.

Going through some old computer files, I found a rather lengthy story of a trip that Amalie and I took many years ago. I'll get it in shape for posting soon.

Humor:

A man had 50-yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As he sits down, a man comes along and asks the man if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him. "No", he says, "the seat is empty". "This is incredible," says the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sport event in the world, and not use it?" Somberly, the man says, "Well... the seat actually belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not been together since we got married in 1967." "Oh I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else--a friend or relative or even a neighbor to take the seat?" The man shakes his head, "No. They're all at her funeral."

2 comments:

  1. MORE exercises?! That's the reward for keeping up with your exercises? This guy sounds like Obama's personal trainer ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why I'm so glad I married a not-a-big-sports-fan...!

    ReplyDelete