Friday, May 15, 2009

Clifford


My adopted son Cliff is coming to live with me. This has been in the works since Amalie died, and he has had a number of issues to take care of.

Last evening, when we talked, he said he had rented a truck, and expects to be here sometime in the first week of June. I'm looking forward to that. Now it won't be quite so quiet around here at dinner time. And he gets along well with the birds.

He came to help me out after Am's passing, and was a big help, but of course had to return home around the first of the year. Now he will be here.

Fun time:

A woman walked into the kitchen to find her 
husband stalking around with a fly swatter

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Hunting flies," he responded.

"Oh… Killing any?" She asked.

"Yep, 3 males, 2 females," he replied.

Intrigued, she asked, "How can you tell them apart?" 

He responded, "3 were on a beer can, 2 were on the phone.”

See you all on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Great that your son is coming. It's always nice to have someone else in the house to speak with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff is the nicest guy--I was very impressed with him at Amalie's memorial service. Please tell him I'm wishing him all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don, I loved this "fun time". Thanks for the laugh and congrats on having Cliff come stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I take it he won't be bringing any cats?

    ReplyDelete