Sunday, December 25, 2011

CLICK & CLACK STRIKE AGAIN




I was silently reading the Click and Clack column the other morning when suddenly I said aloud “No, no, no, no!”  Startled, Cliff looked up and said, “What?”  So I read him the following:

“Dear Tom and Ray:
My husband is 68 and I am 72, and the following has been a lifelong argument.  We have a small gravelly hill leading to our driveway.  When it is icy, my husband insists on driving (or sliding) down the hill in neutral.” To which Cliff immediately responded with, “No, no!  You lose control of the car in neutral!”

Which is precisely what Tom and Ray went on to explain.  End of lesson for the day.





More daffynitions --

COMMITTEE :
A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST :
Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST :
Someone me-deep in conversation

GOSSIP :
A person who will never tell a lie if the truth will do more damage.

HANDKERCHIEF :
Cold Storage.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, even *I* knew that one, and I was reading it going, I hope you didn't do what your husband was telling you to...

    ReplyDelete