Friday, August 20, 2010

ARIZONA

This is what I believe is called stark beauty.  The natural formations carved by erosion over many hundreds, perhaps thousands of years (except for the last one).  And only three of these photos show any signs of civilization.

Enjoy!



























































Humor

A dull-witted king is losing a territorial dispute with a neighboring monarch.  As the fight wears on, he gets more and more frustrated, until finally he roars, “Where are my two court jesters?”  In two seconds the two jesters are at his side.  “Okay, let’s continue,” he says, “now that I have my wits about me.” 

2 comments:

  1. Joshua trees. Oldest living things on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning place. A friend living in AZ sent me a lovely calendar for my kitchen so I get to enjoy the view daily.

    ReplyDelete