Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HEALTH UPDATE

Well, my left foot continues to heal. The chiropractor again loaned me his laser unit, and Cliff uses it on me 3-4 times a day. My M.D. is back from vacation, and I will be in to see him later this week.

I continue to walk inside the house. It’s very tiring, but I hope it is building up my strength. The biggest problem I have is when Pepper comes running down the hall after me, and gets underfoot. She wants me to pick her up, and that is something I cannot do, and I would rather not step on her.

***
A day later: This has not been a good day for me. My right leg - not the one with the broken foot - decided today to act like a piece of limp rubber. So Cliff is back to pushing me around the house in the wheelchair. My chiropractor unkinked me enough to make the leg somewhat more stable, but now my stomach is giving me a bad time. Even though my M.D. doesn’t ordinarily see patients on Wednesday, he told me to come in tomorrow afternoon. We will be there.

Oh, let’s have a little fun:

Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.

***
A couple goes for a meal at a Chinese restaurant and orders the "Chicken Surprise". The waiter brings the meal, served in a lidded cast iron pot. Just as the wife is about to serve herself, the lid of the pot rises slightly and she briefly sees two beady little eyes looking around before the lid slams back down. "Good grief, did you see that?" she asks her husband. He hasn't, so she asks him to look in the pot. He reaches for it and again the lid rises, and he sees two little eyes looking around before it slams down. Rather perturbed, he calls the waiter over, explains what is happening, and demands an explanation. "Please sir, says the waiter, "What did you order?" The husband replies, "Chicken Surprise." "Ah, so sorry," says the waiter. "I bring you Peking Duck."

2 comments:

  1. How nice of your doctor to see you earlier! Hope it goes well! Afternoon is almost over here so I guess it won't be long before you set off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lynn, your doctor is a peach, and so is your chiropracter and so is Cliff! You've got good people around you. Tell'em I said thank you for taking good care of my friend Don.

    ReplyDelete