Friday, July 24, 2009

Health and other news

Health: I'm having my ups and downs. The prostate infection seems to be under control, but I still have a constant ache in my right hip/leg. During the day I can pretty much ignore it, but it catches me at night, so I'm still on pain killer. Yesterday my chiropractor, at my request, gave me a couple of exercises to strengthen my leg muscles. I'm hoping to be able to stand up on my own one of these days.

Yesterday Cliff drove me up to the Stanford Shopping Center where I went into the Apple store and bought me an iPod. Amazing piece of technology. This gadget measures only one inch by 1-1/2 by 3/8 inch thick including the clip! And it holds all the music I have on my computer. The sound quality is outstanding, and as Cliff pointed out to me, it has a tiny battery, that for its size, lasts quite a long time. I'm enjoying listening to my favorite music while clacking away on the computer.

Now for some humor:

This was set to me a couple of days ago, and I find it quite funny. Just for the record, I am Jewish.

* * *

This is literally a 'church signs' debate, being played out in a southern US town, between Our Lady of Martyrs Catholic Church, and Cumberland Presbyterian, a fundamentalist church. From top to bottom shows you the response and counter-response over time.

The Catholics are displaying a much better sense off humor! You get the impression that the Presbyterians are actually taking this seriously and are getting quite angry!







































































































1 comment:

  1. I used to be able to have music/radio/tv on while I wrote or read in college and grad school, but now I need silence to concentrate. I can have radio/tv on when I'm doing manual activities like dishes,ironing or knitting. Might just tune into NPR and knit once I finish up reading my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete