Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DON’T BE DISCOURAGED

In response to my complaints about the pain in my right leg, my M.D. prescribed a couple of medications for what he thinks is Prostatitis (as mentioned about a week ago). So now 7 or 8 days have gone by, and I am hard pressed to see any improvement. My right leg still hurts, though maybe not quite as much. My balance, which has not been good for years now, seems worse than ever, and the other day, just to add to the mix, my stomach was upset. (Didn’t tell me with what.) Yesterday morning I was feeling pretty discouraged.

My chiropractor to the rescue! First, when I last saw him on Thursday, he loaned me his very expensive laser unit to help heal the bones in my left foot. “Use it 3 - 4 times a day,” he instructed. And I did. The swelling seems down somewhat. At least that what Cliff tells me. In case you had not heard, the laser beam has been shown to promote healing.

Then to my utter surprise, a package showed up. Unwrapped it to discover a beautifully delicious box of fresh fruit. From said chiropractor! Wow! And then yestesrday afternoon when I saw him and unloaded my discouragement, he explained to me that the antibiotic is very powerful, and is causing the stomach upset, and the loss of balance. He went on to explain the WHY of all this, and by and large put my fears and consternations to rest. It’s hard to ask for anything more.

An aside: When Cliff moved down here from the state of Washington, I strongly suggested he get a California drivers license. He's been studying, and took the test this morning. When he came back he said, "Well, I'll have to retake the test," and he tossed me the test form. I was glancing down the page to see what he had missed. Turns out he hadn't missed ANY! A perfect score! He was just jesting with me.

Humor:

A HELPING HAND

A motorist is two hours from San Diego when he is flagged down by a man whose truck has broken down.
The trucker walks up to the car and asks, "Are you going to San Diego?"

"Sure," answered the man, "do you need a lift?"

"Not for me. I'll be spending the next several hours fixing my truck. My problem is I've got two chimpanzees in the back which have to be taken to the San Diego Zoo. They're a bit stressed already so I don't want to keep them on the road all day. Could you possibly take them to the zoo for me? I'll give you fifty dollars for your trouble."

"I'll be happy to," says the man. So the two chimpanzees are ushered into the back seat of the car and carefully strapped into their seat belts. Off they go.

Five hours later, the truck driver is driving through the heart of San Diego when suddenly he is horrified!!
There is the man walking down the street and holding hands with the two chimps, much to the amusement of
the crowd. With a screech of brakes he pulls off the road and runs over to the man. "What the heck are you
doing here?" he demands, "I gave you fifty dollars to take these chimpanzees to the zoo!"

"Yes, I know you did," says the man, "but we had money left over.....so we’re going to the movies!!!"

1 comment: