Wednesday, July 27, 2011

AROUND THE WORLD

...in less than 80 days.

I recently discovered that the blogger service to which I subscribe keeps various statistical data on who visits my blog.  The most surprising thing to me was the number of countries around the world with viewers that have seen my blog -- 18 countries in all at this writing.  Some may have stumbled into mine by accident while looking for something else.  However, it appears that some are sticking around because my daily count has gone up.

Take a look:  United States, Canada, United Kingdom (these are not surprising) India, Australia, France, Germany, Switzerland, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Lithuania, Guatemala, Jamaica, and Japan.

I have noticed that the overnight count is up, which I suspect refers to those parts of the world distant from California. I have no idea, beyond the first three countries, who may be checking in, but I thank all of you, and trust you will continue to enjoy what you see and read.  (Maybe it’s the jokes).


And speaking of humor ...

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.

After explaining the commandment to 'honour' thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, 'Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?'

From the back,  one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, 'Thou shall not kill.'

***

Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who wake up in the
morning and say, “Good morning, Lord,” and there are those who wake up in the morning and say, “Good Lord, it's morning.”

3 comments:

  1. I haven't checked my stats in about a year. But it's interesting, isn't it? I once had a reader send me a photo of the wildlife that comes up to her sliding glass door out back hoping to be fed: a kangaroo, about tall enough to open the door itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved geography since I was a kid. It's a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read you because your posts are interesting, positive and funny - you're a good read, Mr. Meyer!

    ReplyDelete