Saturday, December 12, 2009

VISITORS

Today Cliff and I had a delightful visit from my nephew Scott and his wife Chris. They flew up for the day from southern California, and we spent the time swapping tales. Well, most of the time. Scott did spend some time um, "training" my cockatiel Pepper. I think Scott was the one trained.

But their visit reminded me of a time many years ago. The family was invited to a barbecue at my sister Fran's place. Little Scott was there with his mother, and I had brought a date. Somehow it was determined that something was missing, so my date and I said we would go down into town to get it. And we took little toddler Scott with us.

I had parked the car, and the three of us were walking down the sidewalk, Scott between us two adults, holding our hands. And we were getting strange looks. I wonder why. Maybe because I had dark brown hair, Scott was very blond, and my date was a redhead. Ya think?

Humor -

Daffy-nitions

TOOTHACHE:
The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW:
One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN:
An honest opinion openly expressed.

WRINKLES:
Something other people have. I have character lines!!

1 comment:

  1. We got two blonde daughters because it was the closest compromise we could come up with. The boys, however, got my color.

    ReplyDelete