But first, a quick note: Google has made some changes to Blogger. I've been told that in order to publish a comment, hit publish, then continue, then publish again.
Study the five brain teasers. Then, see if you can answer without looking at the answers below.
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual, though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!
BRAIN TEASER ANSWERS
1. The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead. Don't you feel silly now?
2. The woman is a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry. Yeah, you should have paid closer attention to wording.
3. Charcoal. This one is tricky. Only old-timers can remember using coal for heating.
Sure you can: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!
5. The letter "e" - the most common letter in the English language - is missing from the entire paragraph! This one was hard. If you got this one, give yourself a pat on the back.