Sunday, November 15, 2009

UP’N ATOM

I’d mentioned previously that for some months -- July through near the end of October -- that I’d been unable to stand from a sitting position. Then my doctor sent me to a physical therapist, who gave me lots of exercises to do, and recently I reported that I was able to stand from my bed, and then from the dining room chair. Lately, getting up from those positions has become somewhat easier, but getting up from the toilet or the recliner chair in the living room was not possible.

Then I had a brilliant idea! At least for the recliner. I called my handy man friend, and asked him if he could raise the recliner a couple of inches. He came by, and put some temporary blocks under the chair, just to see if that height would work. IT DID! Then he went back to his workshop and made some permanent risers. He came back and attached them, and I tried it out. Guess what? It worked! Getting better all the time.


Fun -

GOOD SAMARITAN: A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan, in which a man was beaten, robbed and left for dead.

She described the situation in vivid detail so her students would catch the drama. Then, she asked the class, "If you saw a person lying on the roadside, all wounded and bleeding, what would you do?" A thoughtful little girl broke the hushed silence: "I think I'd throw up."

1 comment: