Tuesday, January 24, 2012

BEFORE CHIPPER

We had just gotten Pepper, and Amalie said she wanted a bird.  A neighbor passed away, and we acquired Honey, a little male parakeet.  I don’t know how old Honey was when she came here, but unfortunately he did not last long.  I did run across these photos the other day.



“Helping” Amalie on the ironing board.  Can you see the size difference?





 This should give you a good idea of their disparate sizes.





 They did hang out together.  I don’t know whose shoe that is; not mine.  They do love shoe strings.





Hey! Enough!  My turn!





 That’s better.  I like chewing on this.





Okay, I’ve got one end.  You have the other.  Now who can we get to play jump rope.
    Actually I caught them in the hall fighting over the string, but that was not the pic I caught.





Boy, all that playing, and tugging just wore us out!


Incidentally, Honey did talk.  I remember saying to him, “Such a pretty bird!”, and him saying, “Such a bird.”


Humor --

Why Go to Church?

One Sunday morning, a mother went in to wake her son and tell him it was time to get ready for church, to which he replied, "I'm not going."
"Why not?" she asked.
I'll give you two good reasons," he said. "(1), they don't like me, and (2), I don't like them."
His mother replied, "I'll give you two good reasons why you SHOULD go to church:
(1) You're 59 years old, and (2) you're the pastor!"

3 comments:

  1. Alison said it. What cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter Mandi used to have two parakeets - she loved them so much she would allow them to sit on her shoulder all the time...she had to wear an old shirt to keep the droppings from staining her clothes - that is real love!

    ReplyDelete