Monday, January 2, 2012

...AAAND, WE HAVE A WINNER!

I was going through some old computer files the other day, and found some of Amalie’s recipes.  One was for chicken (or beef) pot pie, which I gave to Eric to fix for us.  Delicious!  Another was her recipe for waffles, and if you like waffles you would love these.   There is one slight difficulty, though.  They are so light that they need to be eaten off the ceiling.  Okay, that’s an exaggeration, but they are very light.

Now I have cooked in the past -- scrambled eggs, omelets, French toast, hot cakes -- but I had never prepared the waffles.  So when I asked Cliff if he would like to give it a try, it was with some trepidation.   He said ‘yes’, then ‘maybe’, then ‘ok’, then ‘next week’, and then yesterday he said, ‘I’ll do them tomorrow morning.’  Which he did!  Success!  Delicious!

Let me know if you want the recipe, and I’ll be happy to send it to you.


And speaking of eating, try this cartoon for an appetizer --



2 comments: