Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just the beginning

Several people suggested I start my own blog, so with a bit of help from Alison, a bit of ingenuity on my part, and the grace of Google, here I am. I'd been posting comments and jokes on another blog, and I plan to continue at that site, so there may be some repetition of humor. However, I do plan to have other things to say.

For starters, who am I? My name is Don Meyer, and I live in Northern California. I am a handicapped widower, and because of my handicap, I cannot trim my own nails. So for several years now I have been going to a Vietnamese beauty salon for this service, and a little
Vietnamese gal named Jenny has been doing my nails for, oh, perhaps a year or more. She is very soft spoken, but quite friendly. This morning she asked me something about where I lived -- on the first floor or the second. I replied that I lived in a mobile home, and there was only one level. She asked how long I'd lived there, and I said "38 years". Then I added that we (my wife and I) had purchased the coach when I was 40 years
old. I could see the wheels turning as she did the computation, and then she looked at me with astonishment and said, "You're over 70! You don't look it!" Well, thank you. You can make your own calculation.

The Google instructions tell me that I can post photographs and videos, so when I figure that out, I shall do so. And since I intend to include humor, here's a little one for starters:

Tech support: What's on your monitor now, ma'am?
Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me in the supermarket.


3 comments:

  1. Well I think the comments are working! As far as what's on my monitor - a little pink carebear! That is my daughter Carrie's nickname from her brothers, so it brings a smile to my face to think of her.

    Bring on the humor Don - you have become a folk hero in your own time!

    Rena in TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! Now Name/URL is one of the options, which it wasn't yesterday, so now I can comment. Congratulations on your new blog, Don!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Congrats on starting your own blog.

    ReplyDelete