Friday, January 28, 2011

TOO MUCH

... or Bad Day, Part 2.

My family doctor had changed my pain medication, one pill every 12 hours.  One wasn’t doing it for me, so rather foolishly, at 3:30 Thursday morning I took 2.  When I got up in the morning, I felt a little woozy, but nothing horrible.  Got up, had breakfast.  Then went to lie back down in bed.  Cliff came to get me up a while later, and when I tried, I fell over, hitting my jaw on the night stand.  Cliff took me into emergency, where they stitched me up -- 6 stitches -- and suggested I take only one of the morphine tablets at a time.  Which I have been doing, but I'm still feeling a bit fuzzy headed.  Not as bad as yesterday, but Cliff has been picking me up.
Seems that the pain medication lowers my blood pressure - quite a bit.  My jaw doesn't hurt, but it's a bit swollen.  I get the stitches out in 5-7 days.

So I’ve been holding to one pain pill.  I’m still a bit muzzy-headed, but not as bad as yesterday.


(I wrote the above about two hours ago.  Since then I've watched a Netflix movie - The Railway Children - which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I'm feeling better.)

Oh, let’s get to something a bit more upbeat --

Presumably these are actual comments made by Police Officers taken off police car videos around the country:

 "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

 "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

"You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't.. Sign here."

3 comments:

  1. A lesson was learned:don't do that again. Hope the weekend is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, that really was a bad day. have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the information about the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, thank you for your research.
    It must be getting warm in your part of the world soon, I hope you can get out and enjoy it before too much longer.

    ReplyDelete