Friday, March 16, 2012

ARCHITECTS and BUILDERS, URAGUAY

These photos are by Daniel Carajal.  He says, "In Uruguay we used to see Horneros’ nests everywhere, this peculiarity nest was built on a window in the building where I live. Having the nest "there" I accumulated over 600 photos.

It all started for curiosity and I was fortunate to witness it every day. After seeing the photos my family and friends were very surprised.

I thought it would be good to put the photos online to share with you, mainly those of you who care about the environment, so here they are, I hope you like it.

I am not a photographer. The nest was built between late September and 30 November. They work from 8 to 10 hours a day but they didn’t work Sundays!"


























































Fun --







3 comments:

  1. Wow! A room with a view. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me I have to put some fleece out for the birds. They'll start looking for nesting materials soon.

    By the way, I can get Oreos here but they are expensive--a small pack of 4 costs more than a large pack of Fig rolls, and I much prefer fig rolls (aka Newtons.) Nothing Calendrical about a fig bar, though. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kind of birds are those? tenacious little things!

    ReplyDelete