Tuesday, August 2, 2011

CHANGING OF THE GUARD

Several months ago I started working with Audrey, one of the aides at Avenidas, with a monthly music program.  It started off with a program called Name That Tune, where we played the beginning of an Oldies melody (instrumental only), and the participants tried to guess the name of the song.  By and large, the participants were quite good at it.






Then we expanded the notion, and added Name The Vocalist, which also went quite well.  Then Audrey and I decided we should play these songs all the way through, and that brought us to Audrey’s Favorites.  The next notion was a Sing Along, and that also went well.  These people like to sing.

And then came news of a different sort.  About a week ago Audrey told me she was leaving Avenidas for a better paying, full time job.  Now we wish her the best, but boy! We are going to miss her.

However, fear not!  A most adequate replacement has been chosen.





Beth is another of the aides, and she and I will be working together on these monthly musical meetings.  I know Beth will be good because she and I have worked together on one or two other projects, and she is one sharp gal.  In August we will have a Name That Tune session, and then we will decide what we will do from there.

Music anyone?



Fun -
Call Center Conversations --

Tech Support:      'OK. At the bottom left hand side of your screen, can 
you see the 'OK' button displayed?'


Customer:             'Wow! How can you see my screen from there?'

***

Caller:  'I deleted a file from my PC last week and I just realized that I need it. 
So, if I turn my system clock back two weeks will I get my file back again?'

3 comments:

  1. I watched a video the other day of a bunch of famous rock musicians and George Harrison's son together doing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" in tribute to the son's late father. They definitely named that tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely said and wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, nicely said. I like commenting after Queen Laura Bee because she says it first and best!

    ReplyDelete